You want your ad to look great and so do we! Therefore, we have some reasonable guidelines to make sure every ad looks 100% professional.
If you have questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Logos and Photos
If you want to send us logos, photos or other images on paper (e.g., business cards), to scan them, they must be clean (no jagged edges and no pixilation) and printed using dark ink on light paper. We can scan any image from 1” x 1” to 8.5” x 11”. Whenever you have a choice of two images of equal quality, send us the larger one. We can reduce images without losing quality, but it is difficult to increase the size of images without sacrificing some quality.
- Artwork sent digitally ideally would be at least 300 dpi or higher, ideally in a high resolution JPG or PDF.
- If your artwork is in printed form (e.g., business card, coupon, etc.), please do not scan it; rather, please send us the printed material.
Sending Electronic Files to Us
Sending Ads via Mail
To send your ad via mail, address it to:
Dee Printing, Inc.
P.O. Box 132
Columbus OH, 43216
Electronic Formats Accepted
We can accept ads in electronic formats via email or sent in the mail as long as they are in one of the following file formats:
- Standard Image File Formats
- We prefer JPG or PDF, saved at the highest quality available) and we can also accept EPS, TIFF, TIF, PSD, PNG and BMP files.
- Supported Software Programs
- Adobe Acrobat – PDF: Please make sure that there is no security turned on, there is no compression or downsampling on the images and that all the fonts are embedded.
- Adobe Illustrator: AI, .EPS or .PDF – Up to version 10 – please make sure any text is converted to outlines.
- Microsoft Word/Microsoft Publisher: .DOC or .PUB. Up to the XP version – we will only accept a “text only” ad. Please include any photos or other images that you would like in the ad separately in one of the other listed formats or the originals to be scanned.
- Image/Photo: .JPEG, .JPG, .EPS, .TIFF, .TIF, .PSD – Files from various programs – all images and photos should be Black & White(bitmap), Grayscale, or CYMK Color at 300dpi resolution. JPEG’s should be saved at the highest quality. Ensure that scans are at or larger than final printed size.
- InDesign CS 2: Use the “Package” feature under the file menu to ensure that you send us the fonts and images needed to print your ad.